Thread: New member
View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #15
Walleyeman
New User

Default Identify if finish on my Luger is original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyeman View Post
I am new here and having difficulty in navigating the forum. Being an old guy, I retired from Generous Motors before computers were part of my avocation, so those 2 points leave me wanting.
I’d like to be able to have a 1 on 1 conversation with an administrator before I share information. I know, I'm an old fuddyduddy, but just asking.
Now after I’ve posted this, I’m concerned that I’ll know where to look for responses. Is an email or phone call possible?
Thank you in advance.
. My 1st inquiry. I’ve got a S/42 that has a 1938 date over the chamber. All the numbers seem to match, including the mag. My question is that I have doubts about the finish. Everything has good bluing, but the receiver is kind of an off copper color, as well as I think what might be the extractor ( a 1/8” X approx 1” long piece) that is on top and also is a little brighter copper colored. I’ve taken a couple pics with my iPad but I don’t see how to submit those pics.

Last edited by Walleyeman; 12-26-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Trying to add pics to my post
Walleyeman is offline   Reply With Quote