View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #11
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

S'allee,

Your analysis is correct; but, the bottom line is it is impossible to name a "market" price on any item, as IMO, all are sufficiently different to each other so as not to be comparable.

I quit giving "values" on Japanese rifles some years ago, no one was ever "happy" with the number, too high or too low, and I am always wrong or too stupid to know what value is!

After re-reading your tome, I conclude that we agree on this piece and its price, as you say:

"I understand that you think it was over-priced; however you offer nothing to substantiate your opinion.
As a serious collector of top condition Lugers, based upon my analysis, I believe the price was on the high end of the value-range but, not unreasonable given the offering. "

I think it is "over priced" based on watching the market; you think it is on the "high end" of value based on your analysis- what is the difference???

Ed,
sums it up quite well, some folks have more money than sense.
I have paid too much for a couple items that I "needed", and thus have skewed the market to the high side(and infrequently to the low side) for years.

Since all this discussion is only based on opinion, it falls into the interesting category for me; just to see and hear different view points.

And yes, I'm probably one of the ones who thinks every thing is now "over priced", since I've been buying and selling arms for
54 years.
DonVoigt is offline   Reply With Quote