View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2022, 08:46 AM   #4
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default A little dog wisdom!

You know, as mentioned above, the drum revision is a mountain of work, but most of it is boring and repetitive. So, for the most part i just have to quit procrastinating and get busy!
Not so much when making the main spring! First, I have to break the sharp edges on the spring steel, and then coil and uncoil thru the different stages of manufacture, add to this the last several operations require lot'sa grease and effort! Kinda like trying to shove an angry cat into a boot! (also a lot harder the second time!) It never goes well even when it goes well! So, after a particularly frustrating day, I came into the house from the garage to see my German Sheppard Rocky barking and growling at the ceiling fan! I told him to be quite, and as always he ignored me. Instead of continuing to scold him, I sat down and watched him for awhile and noticed that when he had his fill, with a few low short growls, he walked away and ignored the fan from then on... I thought about it a bit, went back out into the garage over by the spring assembly bench and barked and growled at the spring material for awhile, until I though I'd done enough..... when I quit,...... I felt better! ......Best to all, til....lat'r.....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 10 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: