View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #4
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,614 Times in 525 Posts
It's my opinion that the East German re-works being offered at this time are terribly over-priced. There's a gun store near me with two that are priced at $600 each and I saw a Shotgun News ad for them recently at $799!!! In contrast, an all-matching 1918 DWM in excellent condition with holster and tool went for $750 at auction here last weekend.

I've owned several E. German re-works and presently own two. One is a complete mismatch and is my shooter. The other is a 1917 Erfurt with all matching numbers except for the side plate. The grips and grip screws are also replacements. The two matching numbered mags are not original to the gun but it's pretty representative of the E. German pistols.

Again, in my opinion, the East German re-works will eventually become collector pieces in their own right. They'll never command the prices brought by original matching guns but their value will increase. After all, they are as much a part of Luger history as the post-WW1 re-works that seem to have a following today.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote