View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCurl View Post
Another observation from my demented mind. For those who have no stomach for paying the price of 7.65mm brass there is another solution.

I read the thread about making brass from .223 cases - not for me! Too much work. Cut the case, neck it down, trim to final length, ream inside, then you should anneal it - - No! Don't get me wrong, I would do it if nothing else were available.

We can't neck down 9mm Luger cases because they are too short. I read the thread about making a custom chamber just for this use. Not for me.

Here's my suggestion for the "do it yourself case forming society":

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=270799

Buy a bunch of the Starline .38 Super Competition brass. It's rimless, unlike the .38 Super. It's long enough but will need to be trimmed after necking down. I necked down a standard .38 Super round to get a length measurement. It looks like they end up about .015" too long. That's an easy trim job.

In the end, is your savings worth the effort to trim them? That's the question you must consider. You can have new Winchester 7.65mm brass for $0.30 per round.

Anyway, this solution is one to file away for future reference in the event things change.

Curl
Hi:

For 7.65 Parabellum, you might price the Starline brand or the Fiocchi (spelling) brand (1/2 the cost of Win.) as both should be available at Graff and Sons.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote