View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
maddog350gt
User

Big Norm,

Thanks for the information, This is the kind of info I would like to have in order to really understand what this particular piece is. I don't own the gun and may not even make a bid on it. It does look like a nice unit for a 20's era rework. I have not been able to tear it down so I don't know if there is any acceptance stamps that would indicate a Krieghoff connection or not. I am not sure the owner would allow me to tear it down unless I meet his unknown offer limit.

I do think that if I could establish that it was reworked by Krieghoff (that in at least some people eyes) it would be more valuable than other reworks of the time. How much, again I am in the dark? To me at least it would justify a higher offer as I think these guns (if authenticated) will rise in value faster than other 20's reworks.

I would not even suggest that it would ever have the status or value of an originally built HK, or one that was stamped with the HK logo, but I have seen some other guns, particularly Simson reworks (with eagle/6 stampings) being sold at higher dollar amounts based on their Simson connection. I would certainly think that a Krieghoff connection would be at least as valuable.

I now have information I can share with the owner and he can make his own assessment as to the value of the gun and what offer he is willing to accept. I'll keep you posted if I find out anything else about this gun or if I make an offer on it.

Thanks for the help,
Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote