View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
maddog350gt
User

Default Krieghoff Rework

Hi all,

I have been looking in my books and haven't found any information on a luger I saw at the local gun show this weekend. It appears to be a Krieghoff rework of a WWI DWM luger with lazy crown/N stamps on the Breechblock, left side frame, left receiver and the 6" 30 caliber barrel. The gun is in excellent 98% condition (does have a chipped left grip panel but the chip is there glued in). Serial number is 9007 h in the military style, I can't remember if it had a date on the chamber or not, I don't think so. The rear of the toggle was stamped Germany. The toggle is marked with the DWM scroll mark. There is no side frame markings, the only indication it is a Krieghoff rework are the Lazy crown/N stamps.

The owner is an older gentleman who is trying to sell off his guns, although this one had a sign that said not for sale. He did indicate he would sell it if he got a "good offer" I ask him what that would be and he said he would know if when he heard it.

I wish I could post pictures but I don't have the gun. I doubt I could get permission to photograph it. I will try.

Dwight Gruber was with me and we both looked at it, Dwight (who's opinion I value very much) felt it was only worth about $800. I thought it's rarity might make it worth more, but I can't find any definitive information on this variety. I know it would be valuable if it were Krieghoff side frame inscribed, but it is not. What do forum members think? Is this a desirable piece? Would Krieghoff collectors be interested in this type of rework? How rare are these reworks? How many with 6" 30 caliber barrels? What would be a fair offer?

Thanks,
Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote