View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #7
Strider
User

John, I apologize if I have mislead you. It was not my intention to do so. I have a 1940/42 and the font type pretty much matches what you have shown for your 1940. The G and the S are more round about the curve of the letter.

I had noticed on many different photos the size of the fonts and styles that had changed over the years. I imagine that as the dies begin to wear out that some changes would appear on the letters over the course of its life. Although not enought to change the curvature of the letter (just my guess). The example shown on the others tends to lead me to believe that it is another die type used for that year (again just a guess).

If I may make a suggestion, if you have any "other" Lugers other than HK compare them to what you have shown and see if they match up or are different. Quite intersting stuff.

Thanks again for everything. By the way we are having a gun show this weekend in Albuquerque and I intend on picking up Gibson book this time around. I am looking forward to reading this one next.

Sid.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote