Thread: Early S Code
View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2004, 09:53 PM   #17
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by John D.:
<strong>[QUOTE]...Anyway - I'd be pleased to take close-ups of the differences and put them......</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Actually.... What I'll do, if you like, is show a transition HK between the early and mid series "S".

You see, Mr. Gibson, as terrific as his work was and certainly is today, makes some definate distinctions between "Early" and Mid "S" series HKs - what to look for and what is "correct".

Unfortunately, the transition was not as clean in actual "production", given how HK manufactured Lugers and serialized the parts. Their process of serialization and manufacturing left some HKs being issued that "fall between the lines" of Mr. Gibson's excellent work and his designations of what would be correct between "Early" and "Mid" series "S" codes.

So - if you are interested, I'll do a write-up and photo analysis of that transition period for HK, using some HKs from my collection as examples.

Best to you,

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote