View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #9
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default All is well and good!

Hi Tom, I appreciate your insight and support on my drum revision adventure! The process I established has been getting better and better for me as experience comes into play. Operations that at first seemed necessary are now improved or combined with other operations to cut time and materials and strengthen the bottom line as far as payment, and product improvement is concerned. My whining is more for entertainment on the thread, and at this point, any serious issues I might still encounter have been mostly ironed out! As for boring, sometimes it is so... But most of the time, the challenge to make the parts a good as possible keeps me motivated.
When I accepted the revision offer from Numrich, I ordered a large quantity of blue tempered 1075 spring steel, pre cut to the appropriate length and width. I could not afford to have the edges broken or radiused to make the spring steel manageable, so I had to fabricate a machine to do just that and did so successfully.
I have had a great on-going relationship with Numrich and I think they are pleased with my efforts! At any rate, the satisfaction of making a perfectly usable and functioning drum for our less fortunate luger collecting brothers still motivates me to go forward... Thanks again Tom for your input, it is appreciated... Best to all, til....lat'r.....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote