View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #24
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default no cigar!

Hi to all, well, that didn't take long... I thought $100.00 was a stretch, but it when for a bit more. Oh well! I would probably get more excited if it were a 4" version. The first time I ever saw one was 30 + years ago when I was still in South Dakota working on boats! I had a small poster up saying I collected military stuff and one day a fellow walks in with a 1913 DWM in a 4" Audley holster, all in nice shape. As he related the story to me, his grandfather was a pilot on the side of the allies, and the holster was supposedly used because the pistol wouldn't fall out when upside down??? !!!! Made sense, although the gun was not for sale and the conversation faded, and I never heard or saw anything like it since... Now this Audley 6" NAVY holster pops up. I got to thinking, when your in a plane, and you're a decent pilot, when upside down, you just fly it back to right side up? Ok, that's easy enough, but in the NAVY, whether your on a ship or sub, upside down is REAL BAD!!!!! And the last thing on you mind, both figuratively and literally, is NOT your Luger! I can't help it, that's just the way my mind works.... best to all, til.....lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: