View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
mac44mag
User

mrerick:

Thank you for the estimate. That's exactly what we needed. Of course, you KNOW in who's 'responsible hands' I want it to land. Now, all I have to do is convince the CFO of 54 years that it's really an investment that we can pass on to our son. Has anyone ever actually had any success with that approach?

Relieved the tension in the firing block, but the axle pin is still stuck. Now soaking in Marvel Mystery Oil. I've used it before when rehabbing RC model engines and small weed eater types, and it's never caused any problems. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. Don't want to go much deeper than that on my own hook.

I never thought that I'd ever have the opportunity to touch a Luger, much less field strip and do a light refurb on one. I've owned some really nice firearms over the years, but this one just seems special. Can't tie it down. Maybe it's the provenance? The workmanship? All I know is that it looks extremely appropriate in the safe next to my Dad's 1911 from Europe.

Thanks, again, to all who have contributed and will continue to do so. Your knowledge and experience is greatly appreciated.

mac44mag
mac44mag is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to mac44mag for your post: