View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hello Kevin, and welcome to the forum.

You can learn quite a bit from the FAQ document published at this site. I suggest you download it.

I'm sorry to have the following for you, but it is what it is...

In good condition a mixed parts shooter would be worth $750 or so. This one looks like it either has had the finish removed, or has been plated and badly pitted and worn.

Unfortunately it has no collector value, and if it functions properly it would be considered an low condition shooter because of finish. That said, it might be worth $400 if it functions well. If it does not function properly, I doubt you'd get that for parts since so few would be usable.

I doubt it would be worth restoring this pistol or even refinishing it. You'd probably never be able to get back the expense.

A number of things could happen on the battlefield. Parts could be swapped, but generally an armory level or unit level armorer would properly mark the pistol, and also be using factory supplied spare parts where possible. The much more plausible explanation is that someone assembled it later. It was much more common to capture all matching guns in well maintained condition, but anything is possible.

Marc