View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
Grendel
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
Congrats on your second luger - a nice "Vopo"!

Do the mags match the pistol? What are the markings on the bottom of the barrel near the receiver? Import markings?
More views of the pistol markings are needed to discern additional details.

Welcome back, don't wait ten years for another luger!
The mags don't match the pistol. One is stamped with a "2" over "41988" on the base, the other is stamped with a "9" and an electropenciled "31" below that.

The only thing marked on the bottom of the barrel is a "crown N" stamp, and the usual witness mark that lines up with the same on the receiver. No numbers or caliber markings. No import marks anywhere that I can see - none on the barrel, front/back straps, or slide/frame rails when I field strip the pistol.

Holster does have a tool pouch under the flap (it was empty, but I put a repro tool in it that I got at a gun show years ago before I even had a Luger). No visible markings inside the holster, although there's a place where something has been "blacked out" with what appears to be marker.

I had thought about the stamp near the takedown lever being a "sunburst" that had been defaced - that does make sense. Maybe when it was removed from service or sold off?

Thanks both of you for the information. I've downloaded the FAQ from the forum and will be going through that as well.

Hopefully it won't take me another 10 years to come back although I have also been bitten by the P38 bug, as well as a couple of pocket pistols I'm trying to track down to replace ones my Grandpa picked up in Europe during WWII....the collecting bug has numerous strains!
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote