Thread: Hand Me Down ID
View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2022, 09:40 PM   #4
Sparkfire7
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
What we call a "parts gun". Made up out of at least 3 different guns. The serial number on the frame, 7604g, is the serial number. The toggle train is numbered "13" and should be "04". The sideplate is numbered "28" and should be "04" as well. The gun has been heavily polished and reblued. As there is no date over the chamber, it appears to be a mix of pre WW2 commercial parts, except for the sideplate, which is numbered in the Military style, on the face instead of the bottom edge. The receiver has the commercial Crown/N proof. "Shooter grade" as opposed to "collector grade".
Wow, this is excellent information thank you. I was wondering why the gun was in really good condition physically and why none of the numbers seemed related. So I suspect all of these things hurt the value significantly? I am not concerned with the value, just curious. I will definitely be keeping it as its an amazing looking gun and only the second pistol I have held that I enjoy holding. So there is no way to tell the exact date of the frame? Shooter grade is worse or better? How would I know if its worthy to fire?
Sparkfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Sparkfire7 for your post: