ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wood View Post
Dave,
Congratulations on landing a nice early Commercial 1900. They are much more difficult to find than an American Eagle. I also notice that the serial number, 3402, is real close to my 1900 Commercial 3453!
Ron
Thanks, Ron, that's a load off my mind. It was specifically your muster I hoped this one would pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
All NYS permits are concealed carry. Some states I've been in allow purchase but not carry concealed.

$1,100 sounds reasonable to me. I paid more for my 1900AE.
Hmmm... does this vary by county, as well? When I filled out the forms a few years ago, there was a choice of two different permits. The first one allowed you to own the gun and transport it to the range, matches, etc. under specific circumstances, something like unloaded, action open, in view, say, on the passenger's seat, ammo locked in the trunk or similarly inaccessible place. the concealed version lets you carry loaded and concealed, unless otherwise prohibited--official buildings, etc. I went for the concealed carry because it was less restrictive, and since the judge in our county was great about it, it came through no problem. The pal I bought the Caspian 1911 bulls-eye pistol from had lost his around the time of the accident that messed up his arm for using the 1911, and he was disgruntled to find that his county powers had downgraded his to the former, more restrictive sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJayUden View Post
I'll be interested in how much the damages come to once all totaled, with bidder's premium, taxes, transfer fees, etc.
If you don't mind sharing...
dju
David, so far the tally includes the $1,100 hammer price and the 15% buyer's premium. I chose registered mail for shipping, which should be the most economical. But they always ding you heavily for handling/packing, IIRC. I'll report after their invoice arrives. Transfer fee on my end just went up to $20 from $15 for a pistol.