Unread 12-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #9
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Scale View Post
...I suggest only deal with sellers with significant positive feedback, who offer a return and allow you to pay by credit card.
I would also suggest that you email or speak by phone with questions. The idea is to get a 'feel' for the seller. Are they friendly, courteous, helpful, patient? Or are they arrogant, annoyed, impatient, unwilling to help?

There is a well known Luger seller on GB (located in Texas) who won't even answer emails (although he advertises he will). He is rude, annoyed, and impatient on the phone. At the opposite end of the scale is Simpsons - If you call, the sales people there will get the handgun out of the safe and spend time talking to you about it, answering questions, and describing the pistol honestly.

I've had similar favorable instances with individuals (and sometimes dealers) on GB. They're mostly friendly and interested in helping. Pictures on the Internet multiply defects that are unnoticeable with the gun in hand. My GB sellers have answered my questions honestly and even pointed out aspects I was not aware of. I've had handgun cases, factory boxes, even extra magazines included with the guns, although they were not shown or mentioned in the ads or emails/calls.

Sometimes you eat the bear...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote