View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Aaron
Banned

This individual Jim Hurley called me on my cell phone, knew me by name, and said he had met me at a gun show a long time ago. I couldn't remember him but I believed him, as I only give my cell number to gun collector friends and acquaintenances. He gained my interest by stating he had a WWII vet friend who had a number of German pistols for sale, and talked about a deal amounting to thousands of dollars. I told him I would buy one pistol (which he swore was mint), a KM marked Mauser, and would deal on the others if this one was satisfactory. I sent him $1200 about five months ago, and never received the gun, just a number of excuses and apologies (car accident, laid up in hospital, thought he had sent it out weeks ago, etc. etc.). He only answers his phone rarely, and only if I call him on weekdays about 6 PM eastern time. I have his phone number, e-mail address, and only a box number for his mailing address. The Florida authorities don't want to talk to me, and the P.O. authorities don't even allow me to talk to a live person. The cops wouldn't even do a reverse search on his phone number to get me his real address. Looks like I need some help at the Miami end.