Thread: Police marking
View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2021, 11:10 PM   #10
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
I know, ressurecting an old thread, but I have a question for those in the know: what would the proper holster for this one be? Details would be nice, and a photo or two would be even better.
Holster black or brown, a strap attached to the holster body going up through a loop fastened to the lid, fastened by a slit at the end of the strap hooked over a stud on the lid.

On the back, unmarked; or marked with a letter surrounded by a sunburst, sometimes with a maker's hallmark and a date; or a distinctive rounded-wing eagle over a swastika; or the hallmark Akah. On the upper right of the back, a unit mark with pistol number. In your case, L.Hi.134., although you will be lucky to find even the L.Hi. mark with a different number--an acceptable collector compromise.

There are police holsters converted from other pistols, and there are police holsters found with minor deviations in the strap-and-stud configuration. Police holsters are seen converted from standard military holsters (they retain the stitching holes from the buckle closure), as are holsters converted from Artillery holsters.

Sorry I don't have pictures right now.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Dwight Gruber for your post: