View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #13
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Bob...!!!!

First - I edited your posts - so I can look at all the pics in order.. Hope you don't mind..!!!

Second - those toggle pictures are EXACTLY what I wanted to see - thank you!

Finally - based on what I can see - I'm 99.999% certain your 1937 is NOT refinished in any way. The "KRIEGHOFF" is exactly correct, and originally - in the first set - I couldn't really tell with the last "F", as to whether it had been buffed over. But, with the new pics - it's the overall placement and sizing of that stamp type that appears exactly as it should. Your's is not the only HK where the lead "K" or the "F" overhang has been polished. If you look at Gibson's Photos in the Military Section - I believe his "1936" shows the same attribute. My 1937 also shows a die offset, but not as pronounced as yours.

Further - the digits/proofs as well as the underside of the toggle train are EXACTLY CORRECT! - And, I don't believe they have been touched. Note the center link pin and the heat discoloration? On "restored" HKs - you'll typically find these were "re-blued". Yours has NOT been messed with at all.....

While I'd want to personally inspect it to verify what I'm saying is correct based on your photos - I'm pretty convinced I'm right and that your HK still has it's original finish....

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote