View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2020, 05:42 AM   #11
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7373 View Post
Kyle,

I have two of the Mauser Parabellums, both in 7.65 cal. I love them both. A couple of things to think about.
- First, though they made both 7.65mm and 9mm, they made fewer of the 7.65's. I have noted that the price is a bit higher for those than the 9mm, and closer to the asking price you quoted above for NIB versions.
- They shoot great. Very accurate. And they have some niche collectability, though not like the earlier Lugers.
- Some people don't care for the checkering on the wooden grips. Too sharp and uncomfortable. For my part I took my grips off, put them in a safe place and replaced them with Swiss 6/29 grips for shooting local matches.
- The mags that comes with the 1970s-era Mauser Parabellums are poor reliability and generally unsatisfactory. Put them away to keep for their collector value with the pistol and get some Mec-Gar Luger mags. They work wonderfully.
- If you buy the pistol, and if you wish, you can get a certificate of authenticity from Mauro Baudino for your pistol. Not sure what he charges now but you can go to his web site a find out. Maybe you want that or not. I got one for each my pistols. Kind of nice.
Hello Kyle,
Thank you for mentioning the certification service for the Mauser (Interarms) Parabellum Pistol.
More information about this service based on the original Mauser production book is available here:

http://www.lugerlp08.com/mauser%20pa...tification.htm

Greetings,
Mauro