View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #9
eagle7373
User

Kyle,

I have two of the Mauser Parabellums, both in 7.65 cal. I love them both. A couple of things to think about.
- First, though they made both 7.65mm and 9mm, they made fewer of the 7.65's. I have noted that the price is a bit higher for those than the 9mm, and closer to the asking price you quoted above for NIB versions.
- They shoot great. Very accurate. And they have some niche collectability, though not like the earlier Lugers.
- Some people don't care for the checkering on the wooden grips. Too sharp and uncomfortable. For my part I took my grips off, put them in a safe place and replaced them with Swiss 6/29 grips for shooting local matches.
- The mags that comes with the 1970s-era Mauser Parabellums are poor reliability and generally unsatisfactory. Put them away to keep for their collector value with the pistol and get some Mec-Gar Luger mags. They work wonderfully.
- If you buy the pistol, and if you wish, you can get a certificate of authenticity from Mauro Baudino for your pistol. Not sure what he charges now but you can go to his web site a find out. Maybe you want that or not. I got one for each my pistols. Kind of nice.