View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #3
Kyle M.
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
Hello Kyle and welcome to the forum.

Two members here (Mauro and Gerben) have done a comprehensive study of the post war Mauser pistols, and much is known about them. They were a high quality Luger, but with a design that slightly differs from the wartime pistols.

They do make good shooters, and are, to some extent, considered collectible in their own right.

Not very many were shipped in that premium case, which has some value in addition to the pistol.

Your photos are just thumbnails, so are not useful for seeing any detail. Post them with 1024 pixels on the longest axis.

is it in 9mm or .30 Luger caliber? i have both in my collection, but you want a 9mm pistol if you're planning on shooting it much.

We publish a comprehensive FAQ PDF document here. Just search for "FAQ PDF" and look toward the end of the hits for the post that has the files. You can also follow the "FAQ" link at the top of each page of this forum.

A matched but finish challenged wartime Luger or a mismatch that has been properly fitted makes a great shooter Luger, and should cost at most $1200 for one in outstanding mechanical condition. Where are you located with prices that high? I particularly like Mauser made wartime Lugers as shooters. My own is a 1937 matching Mauser with finish issues.

The Mauser Interarms post war Lugers have are outstanding mettalurgy. There are postwar Lugers attempts made of inferior metals, but the Mauser made ones imported by Interarms are not the inferior ones. Stay away from Stainless Lugers or the ERMA .380 or .22 Lugers if the metal composition is an issue.

Marc
Thanks for the info. This one is a 9mm and even though I prefer the 9mm if it was .30 Luger it wouldn't bother me that much. I already reload 7.62 Tokarev and .357 Sig so what's another bottleneck pistol cartridge? 9mm is cheap enough that I can just buy cheap factory ammo. Mainly Blazer Brass and Winchester White Box for $8-$10 a box.

I live in north central ohio and the prices I'm quoting are local shops and a few replies I've gotten on armslist and gunlistings when I post want to buy ads. I paid $600 for the mismatch gun I had back in 2012. Also I counldn't find anything 9mm from simpson matched or not for under $1300. I'm sorry about the photos for some reason I thought they posted as a link. I will fix that.

Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Kyle M. for your post: