View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hello Kyle and welcome to the forum.

Two members here (Mauro and Gerben) have done a comprehensive study of the post war Mauser pistols, and much is known about them. They were a high quality Luger, but with a design that slightly differs from the wartime pistols.

They do make good shooters, and are, to some extent, considered collectible in their own right.

Not very many were shipped in that premium case, which has some value in addition to the pistol.

Your photos are just thumbnails, so are not useful for seeing any detail. Post them with 1024 pixels on the longest axis.

is it in 9mm or .30 Luger caliber? i have both in my collection, but you want a 9mm pistol if you're planning on shooting it much.

We publish a comprehensive FAQ PDF document here. Just search for "FAQ PDF" and look toward the end of the hits for the post that has the files. You can also follow the "FAQ" link at the top of each page of this forum.

A matched but finish challenged wartime Luger or a mismatch that has been properly fitted makes a great shooter Luger, and should cost at most $1200 for one in outstanding mechanical condition. Where are you located with prices that high? I particularly like Mauser made wartime Lugers as shooters. My own is a 1937 matching Mauser with finish issues.

The Mauser Interarms post war Lugers have are outstanding mettalurgy. There are postwar Lugers attempts made of inferior metals, but the Mauser made ones imported by Interarms are not the inferior ones. Stay away from Stainless Lugers or the ERMA .380 or .22 Lugers if the metal composition is an issue.

Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1937Mauser.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	79674  

The following 3 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post: