View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Kyle M.
User

Default Interarms Luger question

Hello all, new guy here and fairly new to Lugers though I've read a lot. Several years ago I owned a mismatched 1908 DWM/1916 Erfurt. I bought it cheap as a shooter and kind of regret selling it. I would like to have another shooter grade gun but prices around here are astronomical. Guys want $2000-$2500 for mistmatched refinished parts guns.

A local shop has an Interarms Mauser Parabellum. It is the Swiss style without the grip bump and has the grip safety. 9mm 6" barrel. It's in a fitted wooden box with the original paperwork, test target, 2 magazines, and the tool. They're asking $1500, it's a commission gun so I can't haggle on price.

I was looking at Simpson Ltd's selection and noticed a few Police Lugers in my $1700 or less price range, most if not all matching number guns. As someone who isn't worried about future collectibility but also doesn't want to risk trashing an all matching collectors item would I be better off buying from Simpson or buying the Post War Mauser Parabellum Luger? I'm also not planning on taking the gun out and putting thousands of rounds through it either, just a box or two here and there.

By the way I was able to find a 33 page article online from Gun Facts magazine in 1970 about the Post War Mauser guns and read it in it's entirety. As someone who has worked their entire life in the machining industry it sounds like they were well made guns, and not made from the pot metal investment castings people say they are. Honestly most people who say that probably own Ruger firearms and don't realize they are made from investment castings. Very well made and strong investment castings I may add.

Here is the Interarms gun in question.

Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Kyle M. for your post: