View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #17
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hello guys,

-- Brad --
In addition to what Gerben says, if you look at my web site in the Mauser Parabellum area you can see some scans of the advertising made by Mauser concerning this kind of pistols.
I really appreciate if you can post to me some pics, I am interested in this guns. In addition also the serial numbers should be useful for my data base.

-- lew1 --
I am really happy because your pistol is absolutely an early production. The numbering starts from 1001 therefore your Parabellum is the 53rd made by Mauser. I have the 1019, the lower number today surviving, therefore yours is the second one. We have absolutely compare the pistol therefore please post some pics!!!

-- Aaron

Aaron, you are totally right, in the first picture I have underlined that the Mauser banner follows the "old" configuration but then I have forgotten to highlight this point with the closer picture. I am going to fix this point right now.

-- Gerben

Gerben, believe me I am working on this matter. I have some pics of the "display model" made by Mauser using Swiss 06/29 to show something to the 1969 NSGA and NRA.
I am working in a document that should cover all this point, mainly the early production. Maybe you remember that I have an original Mauser manuscript that describes the early production and mainly the problem found by the Mauser Engineers in the beginning of the production.

Thank you to all for the input you can provide on this matter.

Have fun,
Mauro