View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #13
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Drum loader assist strut!

Many thanks to Don for the excellent pictures showing the loading assist strut in use!........ Just a few little points that show in the photos so I can maybe explain a little bit about what they are, and why they are there?... In the pictures of the modified loading tool its self, you can also see two additional blackened flat washers. I installed them to tighten up the loader to improve the loading experience, by stiffening up the tool when installed and levered... It helps direct the loading energy, and is just more controllable under stress...
Also, the little black plastic block isn't just any plastic, it is Delrin, I think a Polyoxymethylene plastic that is stronger and more ridged than Nylon, a polyamide plastic.... Machinists love it as it machines about like aluminum for accuracy and sharp tooling cuts it like butter! But, it is expensive, especially in most suitable sizes?.... But perfect for my application on these loading assist tools... Also, the little knob at the top doesn't turn, I just haven't found anything better for right now although I'm looking, as the knob are an added expense as well!... Back to the old money versus time equation!........ Once you get familiar with what has to happen, it is a "snap" to use both literally and figuratively... And, as Don pointed out, its primary function is to minimize damage that might occur over time?... It compensates for things we cannot change, but improves the loading experience in an overall fashion in many ways! Thanks to Don, for his help, and thanks to all who have taken an interest in this thread!.... best to you all, til...lat'r....GT.....
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: