View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #11
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,582 Times in 989 Posts
Default GTS/T barrel info.

Hi to all! Hi Don, the latest final design of barrels that we just ran are nearly identical to the prototype that Ed pictured above, with the following changes, first of all, we radiused the muzzle to break the sharp edge on the outer most edge, and we increased the overall diameter to match that of an original Luger barrel flange dia. for two reasons, one to add aesthetically to the over all look, and two, to add a little defining material between the slab sides and the front sight relief?... Or at least that was the goal! .... Don, the four inch offering is exactly like your baby except longer, same with the 6.000" as well... they will all be the same from here on out as small changes are a lot more work and fixture time then it would seem... The one I now have extra is mounted in a very nice 1920 commercial receiver with DWM toggle train, all the small parts, and Luger front sight! It is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish for a G.T.S/T shooter offering! And any time I get a 1920 commercial top end, that's probably how it's going to end up!

Ed. the bad news on your receiver is, sometime since man walked on two feet, someone tried to remove the receiver by using a bar between the forks and spread it slightly right behind the chamber.. then to get it to fit, they squeezed it some right behind that!....... giving both, now bent forks, a coke bottle effect when all is put together... it, grabs, stops the breechblock from the middle back?... Good news, is, I can straighten it out... just take a couple of hours on the bench in the receiver straightening fixture.... I will straighten it as part of the overall project, and not pass that particular part of the labor on! So, that is good news again! Makes two out of three, so you're a winner!.... That's about it for now.... Don's baby really didn't want to go, it wanted to stay with me??... ... I've only ever had a few projects that I felt I would like to have when I was through with them! That is certainly one of them!.....til....lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: