View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:10 PM   #18
Patrick
User

Default Re: And Again

Just so as to get a few battle scars myself, I thought I?´d contribute the following: the official German Order (Zeichnung zur Vorschrift f?¼r die Stempelung der Pistole 08) was dated 1910 and lists 25 parts that were to be number stamped (the loading tool, cleaning rod and magazines were mentioned separately). The list and the drawing are reproduced in most of the Luger books. The Order was last amended in 1914 and was valid at least until then for all DWM and Erfurt Lugers. The rear toggle pin was NOT one of the parts to be number stamped. But I?´ve seen many DWM lugers of that period WITH numbered rear toggle pins (and mine are numbered too). The smaller parts of commercial Lugers were not normally numbered at all as it was not likely that parts might be interchanged. Even though DWM, Erfurt, Simson, Krieghoff and Mauser all used their own numbering systems and did their best to confuse later generations of collectors, the official 1910 Order would seem to be quite clear on the fact that a correctly â??fully numberedâ? Luger would NOT have a number stamp on the rear toggle pin. Patrick