View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Pete Ebbink
User

Vern,

I have sent you two emails this morning with the Greg-Martin A&F photos.

The issue of A&F Luger barrels having 1-line or 2-line inscriptions and their 7,65 mm or 9 mm calibers is quite confusing amongst the writers such as Kenyon, Bobba, Reese, Walter and confusing in my mind as well.

Italian writer and Swiss reseacher Vittorio Bobba even "hints" that the 7,65 mm 1-line guns are the roll died ones from A&F and the 2-line ones might just be fakes...see pages 122-123 in his book.

It is curious that even the "odd" ones on the Greg Martin auction are both in 7,65 mm and have the 1-line inscription.

I certainly like the looks of the offering from FGS...in 7,65 mm and with a 1-line inscription. (Correction : Gun is in 9mm in 4-3/4" length.)

BTW...here is a most curious magazine photo of one of the G-M auction guns...first time I have seen a Swiss cross placed on the metal disk magazine. It seems too big...compared to the size you normally see on the M1929 Bern magazine. The "mechanic" behind the magazine marking even added the "dot" in the center of the cross...in the style of the 1898 B-L pistols' chamber crest...

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote