View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
LugerVern
User

In the Multi-National Pistol page 134 & 135 there are two A&Fâ??s one 9mm and one 7.65.
If this reference is correct then we can not draw a conclusion based on the one line or two line inscription.
As it clearly shows and states that just the opposite condition exist ( two lines on the 7.65 and one line 9mm).

The barrel band is of real concern here, this is very hard to get around but lacking cold hard evidence to the contrary all one can say is suspicious.

Of even greater concern is that I believe someone may have acquired the original roll dies for making the inscription. The inscription is as close a match as I can imagine, down two the finest detail. These are two part dies, so some variation between guns should be expected as to placement and we should watch for this, no two guns should be exactly alike.

I can not view the other two A&Fâ??s Pete posted links to, I would love to see pictures of the two AFâ??s on the Greg Martin site for a side by side comparison.

I know the comment about the roll die may be a bit wild for some of you but, do your own research. I will be happy if you prove me wrong. Note the distance between the &-F the size of the M in made and the Z

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote