Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
how do the simpson folks sell this one then to the public?
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...oducts_id=6854
I would imagine the second one would fit this, as it says, with or without the forearm;

Quote:
Luger, DWM Stoeger model 1920 and 1923, semiautomatic pistols in 7.65mm or 9mm parabellum
cal., in barrel lengths of 8, 10, 12, and 12-1/2", having either American Eagle chamber crests
and/or Stoeger frame and/or upper receiver marks, having either standard, Navy or artillery
rear sights, having extractors marked either "Loaded" or "Geladen" and having frame safety
markings of either "Gesichert" or "Safe," together w/original commercial flat board stocks
of the artillery type, which bear no S/Ns or military proof marks; may include a "Germany"
marking.
Luger, DWM Pistol-Carbine, model 1920, 7.65mm or 9mm parabellum cal., with accompanying
original commercial type shoulder stock, with or without forearm piece, having barrel
lengths of 11-3/4" to less than 16"

Personally, I think that you could quote any of the above and make an average person leave you alone at the range. If, and that is a big if, someone tried to charge you, this is confusing enough to a collector.

Besides being careful, I have never heard of a collector being charged for this. Not they could not push it, but where do you draw the line.
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post: