View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2007, 04:17 AM   #13
Big Norm
RIP

Ron,
thank you for the great pictures. If I ever break out that digital camera that I got myself for Christmas, I'll run out to your neck of the woods to learn how to do your high caliber of work. Now about your theory regarding the different sizes of the numbers on the bottom of the Borchardt magazines...just kidding.

I do see the difference on the right grip of the 1900 vs the 1906. The left grip is pretty closely the same except for the very top, just above the cut out for the magazine release button. Is the view of the 1900 showing that wood has been removed in that area or is that camera lighting? I guess that what I am asking is the left grip the same for the 1900 and the 1906?

Now the opposite is true between the 1906 and 1908 in that the right grips look identical. But the left grips are different as would be expected given the removal of the grip safety and maybe a change in the thumb safety.

I guess that I will have to take a 1900 and a 1906 apart to really see why these changes were done. I will also take an Ideal set of grips to see how they compensated the metal back plate for the difference between the 1900 and the 1906, if there was an adjustment at all.

Thanks Ron for the pictures and thank you Ed for the composite. Both you guys did yourselves proud.

Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Big Norm for your post: