View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #3
sdmark777
User

In answer to Eric's question, I took 6 of my high condition, desirable Lugers and compared their current value to inflation. I used an online inflation calculator which uses the year of purchase and tells you how much those dollars are in 2022. These six Lugers were purchased between 1978 and 1996. I value these between $3,500.00 and $5,000.00 each. Based upon my calculations these 6 Lugers would now have a combined value/profit of $6,210.00 more than I invested after accounting for inflation. So a good/positive investment. But, this assumes that I get 100% of what I valued them at. Also, I left out a couple Lugers I knowingly way over paid for (that I had to have), because it would have negatively affected the value of the group.

So, if I were to sell these Lugers I would recoup my investment with a little profit hopefully after deducting sales costs and any discounts on price to get them to sell.

But alas, I will never see a dime, as these Lugers will be passed on to my children. My Lugers and other firearms have increased in value over the years. But I did not buy them as investments. I bought them to use and enjoy. I have used and enjoyed my Lugers and other firearms for decades, so I am truely in the black!
sdmark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to sdmark777 for your post: