View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
alvin
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newluger View Post
Take a look at what is happening with the Broomhandles. It appears to me that this is the hot item now. The prices just keep going up, and they will continue untill we say "Enough is enough."
Nice Broomhandles are always hot. It's not cheap. But if looking around, having patience, it's possible to find small ring hammers at discounted price. I have "brokered" a few of those. Not much profit though, and earning this money comes with risk and uncertainty. If for money alone, not worth the effort IMO. But there was some fun.

Jerry 'conehammer' has been in this hobby for decades. Maybe CH was much cheaper in the past. Nowadays, put price aside, we simply did not see those, except a few South African instances.

====

[Edit] I noticed Broomhandle community is also different from that of Lugers -- there are many C96 collectors talking about relining, restoration etc, in serious way. Why? I would think in this way the market balancing itself by those activities -- now tens of thousands C96 imported from China in 1980s can be counted in this context (otherwise, most of those could not play conventional 'collector' role), the supply is becoming much bigger, and price is dragged down. For startup, that's good news.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote