View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2015, 02:13 AM   #49
gvf
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
I'm in Niagara County and our process is exactly like Dave describes here -

...And only then can you take it home. If bought out of state and shipped to your FFL receiver, no state/county sales tax [8%].

We pay the FFL receiver for the FFL transfer & NICS check, not the permit clerk. Registration is $3.00 per visit (any number of additions/subtractions). We just changed over to the plastic wallet-sized permit cards. And they keep changing them (thumbprint, no thumbprint; full page, bordered; etc).

Is Dianne Arnett still the Erie County Pistol Permit Clerk??? Or one of the clerks???
I've never seen her unless she's at a desk. They're used to be a real nice guy who seemed in charge, African American older man, couldn't be nicer. I find all those who work in the Permit Office are very friendly and helpful. Yes we pay the Permit Office the same for paperwork. We just have the plastic card with photo and profession, no prints, and any County restrictions that are put on it. Mine is "Unrestricted".

For those not familiar with NY State Permits, the State Permit is for Carry, but counties are given leeway to put restrictions on permits, like "Target and Hunting Only". They are county ordinances not state gun law. Some counties use them, some don't, and some, like mine, after a year of a restriction are pretty willing to take that off and the Permit becomes Unrestricted.
gvf is offline   Reply With Quote