View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2022, 12:19 AM   #1
cip59587
User

Default New to the Collection: '1908 Commercial' DWM

I recently began to look for a 'shooter grade' Luger example, with little specific in mind, and have exceeded, pending a day at the range, my fondest hopes for a 'first' Luger - I've handled many, shot a few, but this is the first addition to the home safe.

This is a numbers matching solid original (to the best of my, the seller, or my smith's knowledge) example of the model most commonly referred to as the 1908 Commercial; manufactured by DWM prior to WWI. It correctly lacks the breech hold-open and has no indication of military use or purchase to my eyes. No remote semblance of a 'P' or similar anywhere that I can see, including the inner mag well, as often indicated a private officer purchase, IIRCC. Numbers are largely clear and crisp; the shown wooden-base magazine lacks number as it should.

Album:https://imgur.com/a/GjEoW2f#gt6CPQW

An aftermarket Mec-Gar (trying to limit use of the original magazine) I scoured off an acquaintance is on its way and with a couple of boxes of S&B 124 grn. and at least one box of Winchester 124 grn. in FMJ in the safe my gf and I are thoroughly looking forward to giving a full range report soon - sorry if it's a few weeks out; we're about to move - enjoy the photos for now!

P.S. On the very last photo of the album, please forgive the fuzzies...the cat is overly curious.
cip59587 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to cip59587 for your post: