View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
danielsand
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger.parabellum View Post
They can copy absolutely anything, and they can do it pretty well, long time ago I bought a Norinco 1911 second hand to say the least, it had been used and abused BUT did shoot really well.

I would also say that they sell a lot of their clones also because we seem to have lost our good taste for the "originals" ...

One day we' ll discover that they are reproducing even the Colosseum ... unfortunately :-(
Way back when Norinco 1911A1 came out, I had the FFL (not any more), and I couldn't help myself, so I bought one BNIB. All I can tell you,......it's a GREAT 1911! Finish is "two tone", slide slabs are matt, the rest is shiny blue, with the barrel "in white". And in the last few decades that I own it, I did some heavy research on the piece (bought it in 1992).

Few American custom 1911 shops, prefer customizing Norincos. They report that the steel used for these is much better than most low end American 1911s (search and you shall find). Suposedly, the steel came from some railroad tracks that were pulled, and smelted. The pistol is made to EXACT 1911 tolerances, and most original Colt made parts will fit. Shoots great, and if I remember correctly, it was about $250 NIB from the distributor (CSI in Ontario, CA that doesn't exist anymore). I have less than 500 rounds through it, and it still looks like new. Came with cheesy plastic grip, which I threw away, and put a set of Pachs.

If that Luger was made by the same factory (as someone said before, Norinco has MANY production facilities under their name), and same quality control,......I'd be all over it.
danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote