View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
9x19
User

Hi Guys,

Firstly I will answer Jerry's question - I am the managing director of my own mechanical design company here in the UK and whilst I am "officially" retired I like to keep my hand in modelling things that are of particular interest to me, in this case the P08/P04. Every firearm that I have modelled has been a challenge in it's own right, so it keeps my interest piqued.

Another model I am just completing is a fully automatic AR15.

If I can't find workable drawings then I sometimes have to use model parts that have been created by others and available on-line.

Inevitably though these are not good enough, or have errors, that I have to correct and build into "working" 3D assemblies. By that I mean that they would function exactly as originally designed if they were manufactured. There is no "fudging" in my models. Near enough is not good enough. It has to be exact.

John S, I am not surprised that it took you so long to tidy up those blueprints. My P08/P04 is created from the original Mauser factory drawings and apart from the changes I want to make to create a P04 should be spot on. There are no interferences in the assembly and everything should "move" and "operate" as intended.

Thank you for offering me your blueprints, but I don't really need them except for the items mentioned in my original post.

If I cannot find this information then I will change the 150mm barrel for a 100mm version that I have already created, and call the model complete.

Jerry Burney - to model the parts I would need the factory drawings with legible dimensions. I have studied several videos of how the sight operates so assembling the parts would not be a issue.

Regards all,

Dave

"
9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote