View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Ron Smith
User

Default "Edmundo"AKA Jerry comes through again~

As many of you are unaware of this, I'll explain. There's a character on the forums who goes by "lugerholsterepair " who claims to be Jerry Burney.

Actually it's two wizzened little old ladies in Colorado who hired a Basquo sheep herder named Edmundo, to do leather work for them under a nomdeplume.

They give him a place to stay and a sandwich now and then in return for his excellent holster work. He often migrates to Arizona to settle in and do the work, when it's too cold for the sheep in the Colorado winter.

This is a scarce 1915 Reichswehr reworked holster that I recently aquired. It was in need of some serious help. So I sent it to Edmundo aka "Jerry" for the needed repairs.

The strap was coming unstitched. As well as the hinge, and the stitching had worn through on several other parts.

1915 holsters are not all that scarce, in and of themselves, but a reworked and reissued 1915 holster unit marked to the Reichswehr Reichsheer 18th Reiter Regiment isn't something you run across everyday.

Edmundo did forget to put a tool and cleaning rod in, but you can't have everything...

Seriously , Jerry is a good friend, and without doubt the best at his craft that you will ever find anywhere. If you want it done right and as close to original as you can ever get. Jerry Burney is the absolute best there is, bar none...

Thanks Bud...

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote