View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #18
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

[QUOTE=Sieger;332062]Doubs,

There is a new, "modernized" Herco powder being produced by Alliant (please see their website advertising it).

To what level of cleanness this new powder will shoot in shotguns and pistols (particularly a 9mm Parabellum) is yet to be seen by me.

I weigh all of my powder charges (for both rifle and pistol shooting) with a Lyman Electronic Scale, for precision shooting with both.

With the original formula Herco powder, I haven't noticed a great deal of dirtiness with the 9mm Parabellum; whereas, Unique has always been a filthy burner for me, both in its new and older formulas...
UNQUOTE

Exactly the same here, in these last ten years or so since I started reloading also for the rifles (308w and 223R) I've been using the Lyman 1200 DPS 2 Digital Powder Scale and Dispenser System, it works really well since benchrest requires extremely precise reloads. I've always used Vihtavuori powder N320 for the pistols and N135 Vihtavuori powders are rather expensive but leave the barrels pretty clean.