View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #17
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
I've been loading for Lugers since 1966; both .30 caliber and 9mm. I've used just about every possible powder and bullet available. Some of the powders like Winchester 730 worked great but isn't made any longer. AA #7 leaves too many powder grains. Unique works beautifully but doesn't work well through a measure. Blue Dot and Herco work but are dirty. Bullseye and 231 are good powders and meter well. The list goes on but CFE Pistol Powder has become my go-to powder for a wide range of pistol cartridges.
Doubs,

There is a new, "modernized" Herco powder being produced by Alliant (please see their website advertising it).

To what level of cleanness this new powder will shoot in shotguns and pistols (particularly a 9mm Parabellum) is yet to be seen by me.

I weigh all of my powder charges (for both rifle and pistol shooting) with a Lyman Electronic Scale, for precision shooting with both.

With the original formula Herco powder, I haven't noticed a great deal of dirtiness with the 9mm Parabellum; whereas, Unique has always been a filthy burner for me, both in its new and older formulas.

Respectfully,

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote