Thread: I Need Help!
View Single Post
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts

This appears to be a rather nice, craftsmanly, older refinish job. Actually, its quite a bit nicer than most every other refinished Luger you see, and comes closer to a restoration (which it is not). I'd be curious to know what the bore is like if I was intending to shoot it.

In my opinion its price has reached its value, although if the goal is to have a really nice looking Luger for shooting, and only one, a person might find it worth a premium. I hope the seller hasn't set his reserve unrealistically high.

If you get it, in the long run you will probably find yourself wanting to have the small parts properly strawed. Also, consider that the magazine is not proper for the gun, and certainly useless for reliable shooting. You will certainly need other magazines, and may find that you want a proper wood-bottomed authentic magazine for display purposes.

A very intriguing rework, thanks very much for pointing it out. And good luck with it or whatever other Luger you decide on, be sure to let us know.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote