Thread: Engraved Navy
View Single Post
Unread 10-19-2019, 03:47 AM   #30
Proofed
User

Thanks for your thoughts and info on the coastal service, that is another piece of the puzzle as this pistol came with a 25 year faithful service cross w/ribbon. as I understand it that was only awarded to civilians. There is also a 1940's book of picture and profiles of the worlds ships as would be used for identification purposes. This pistol may have been presented to someone who served in that coastal watch capacity through out the war. It gives me another avenue to explore.
I certainly understand your position on what's been done to a rare pistol however its irreversible and it still holds someplace in history. and being what it is should be respected enough to try and find its true place/story. I guess back in the day people weren't as concerned with purity and collectability as we are today. Besides it keeps me busy looking for answers, somebody should do it.
It always amuses me when I see the write ups on lugers for sale as they all seemed to have belonged to officers or have been taken from officers or other high ranking officials etc., you know the story. I will send some pics of the books at some point in case anyone can add anything to the hunt. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P 06 Z NAVY MEDALS (1).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	78089  

Proofed is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to Proofed for your post: