View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2004, 09:38 PM   #5
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Pete!!!

Thanks for that link! Also - my pricing would be a bit "under" the top expected price. For "top dollar" (+$6500) I'd want to see it in person, as most of the HKs in that run group (Commercial) showed a bit more wear then that example. So, it should have some trace roots as to how it was brought back, accounting for the condition - or meet a very, very close inspection criteria. Further - before I bought at any price - I want to understand the flattening of the grip diamonds compared against the "condition".

For example - in my collection, I have an Early "S" - very early - in better condition, but the "fat grips" (my term) diamonds are flat as well (and they are wood - NOT later style course checkered Brown) - but I know why, and it's at 99%+ , and can authenticate based on some specific "tell tales" (again, that's my term).. I'll try to post a review of it soon for you and others who may be interested.

Anyway - I'll leave any names out - but just because it appears in a book with a color photo - doesn't "authenicate" it. At least - not in my view....
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote