View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy1661 View Post
Thank you for your comments Ron.

Here's is something that occurred to me as I continued to do more research on era of this gun. During the Weimer Era after WWI beginning in 1918, Germany was destabilized economically and there was a geat deal of unrest. Police were oftentimes soldiers returning from the war and with lack of funds many were forced make due with the firearms they had and it was probably not unlikely for guns to be altered. I also read an article that likened the Weimer Era from 1918 - 1933 as Germany’s “Roaring Twenties” with a many criminal gangs involved in narcotics, gambling, prostitution, etc. Perhaps in such a lawless time it might not be that uncommon for a gun like mine to be changed leaving no identification markings - even if it were a police sidearm.

If the markings on the holster represent the Schupo of Merseburg and it is an m1900 frame, could this be a possible explanation?

It's at least an entertaining thought!
Interesting theory, but I doubt it has anything to do with your pistol. It quite likely lost its markings when polished for re-bluing.

The German populace was "disarmed" at the time, and mere possession of the pistol would have send the carrier to jail. JMHO.

Holsters are quite "portable" and there is no reason to associate this particular holster with that pistol, again JMHO.