View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #38
ChuckM
User

Default I have a similar problem, but

Hi. I was reading this thread with interest. Hoping to solve a problem I have with a 1916 Erfurt. In my case the gun will not **** at all, even by hand. The action seems to work, it will hold open with an empty mag, but doesn't seem to **** or dry fire no matter what. Internally the gun looks good. The only thing I see is some noticeable "peening" around the Breech Block where the Firing Pin Spring Guide locks in. That FPSG also doesn't seem to stay in very well and often pops out when field stripping. The spring itself is a little bent (possibly caused when the guide pops out). I plan on replacing the spring, but looking for advice to solve the cocking problem at the same time. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. ChuckM

PS- also if the problem is the lever not slipping over the Trigger Bar, shouldn't you be able to release/dry fire it with the side plate off and by depressing the trigger bar? I don't think my problem is that its not releasing, it appears not to be cocking to start with. Thanks again. ChuckM

Last edited by ChuckM; 08-13-2015 at 05:36 PM.
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote