View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #20
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I am also intrigued... I have studied Lugers for about 45 years and have never seen anything like this... it is obviously a Luger Look-alike, and not a Luger.

Ron,

The nameplate is obviously a post-manufacture addition...

I would be very interested to know if the frame is ferrous material (Steel) or non-ferrous (aluminum or some other such lightweight material)... since the frame obviously suffers little stress in firing since there is no movement. The frame appears to be cast to me...at least in these photos.

I believe the two pins (one through the frame ears, and one just above where the takedown lever normally is) are used for two functions. Both pins appear hold the toggle action to the lower frame, and the rear pin also functions as the pivot for the rear of the toggle. I concur that the slide mechanism must be a safety device, and would presume that the sear appears on the bottom of the breechblock since there is no magazine to contend with...

Looking forward for anything that anyone might be able to document about this very unusual gun...

P.S. Could this possibly be an antique "toy" cap gun that has been cleverly adapted to fire single shot .22 LR ????

What does the rear view of the gun look like behind the toggle?

I can also see (after several minutes of studying the photos) that there are two screws holding the top on... one in the grip area under the toggle, and one on the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote