Thread: Luger values
View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2001, 07:24 AM   #6
Marvin
User

Default Re: Luger values

Matt,

Three Cheers for your comment on condition! I agree with you that sometmes we go a little "crazy" over a 98-99% pistol. Many of these in this condition do exist, but I bet they have never seen any combat, and worse yet, have they been "dinked" with to bring them back to this condition. I like Lugers in the 93-95% condition. At least they have been carried by someone. All my Lugers are not in this condition and they vary some from my worst one which is a 1936 and it was the second Luger I ever purchased and is the one that got me started with them. It is 60% at best, but in excellent mechanical condition. I have speculated that this was a pistol carried by a German veteran who was on a machine gun crew. The pistol has been taken care of, no pitting, very good bore, very good grips, etc, just a lot of blue wear. What a history this pistol could tell if it could talk. A few of my other pistols are in the low 90% range, but for the most part they meet my 93%+ condition. I have one 1938 which is 98%+ and is beautiful, but it probably does not have any real history and laid in a desk drawer somwhere.

My theory is; if you like the pistol and the price is not to bad, buy it and enjoy it!

Marvin