View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
Your Eminence
User

Hey guys, First off I want to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum which seems to be a very friendly place that I could quickly learn to like. The Glaser-Francotte pictured above is nowhere near what my neighbor has. If I were to place my neighbor's luger in your hand, you would think it was "normal" at first glance until you tried to remove the magazine which is the first thing I do when someone tries to hand me an autoloader without the action open and magazine out. When I reached for the mag and the mag release button I discovered there was none, only a solid frame bottom shaped somewhat like what a luger grip frame looks like with the mag in place. I should mention that, according to the owner, he received it sans grips which he then replaced with ones he made out of a phenolic material, quite nicely I might add. Also, on the left side of the receiver behind the chamber area someone attached a personalized nameplate (name presently unavailable). Additionally, there is no disassembly toggle on the left side, no mag release button, no safety lever and no rear lanyard loop. Mr. Sabato, please don't place that wager. This is getting very interesting and intrigueing for this tired/retired detective. Stay tuned.
Your Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote